Monday, January 6, 2014

Mr Taco, Roswell, GA

Yes, travels have brought me back to the Atlanta area.  I'm again up in Roswell, GA.  Again, I'm in a place that has better tacos then Houston.  Some of the guys I work with told me to check this place out.  Here's what I'm going to say, I did not want to come here after looking at the website.  It just did not look like the type of place that I belong in.  I will openly admit, I was wrong.  The menu starts with street tacos.  Yes, this put my mind at ease.  Let me tell you, it is cold here.  Damn cold.  It is a beautiful 75 degrees in Los Angeles, and I'm soaking up some of the coldest weather to hit Atlanta in the last 30 years.  I did not want to have to go somewhere else, so I'm very glad that this worked out.
See, the menu is a bit bright for my liking, but legit.  The meat choices are simple, relate-able and good.  They know to do what they know and not try to do everything, I respect that, as I'm sure everyone knows.  The chick that was working the counter was great.  She was so nice, very sweet, very patient.  She did a great job, she's not afraid to up-sell.  I thought that she was great.  My eye was staring the entire time while I was there and while I was trying to order at the salsa bar.  Yeah, it really had me excited.  I could stare at a salsa bar like that all night.
I know, I just want to clap as I look at this picture.  Everything had a cool label I should have taken photos of.  There is hot, extra hot, mild, medium, everything that you could want and need and mild salsa.  The grilled jalapenos were just so good.  I probably should not have eaten as many as I did, but it was just so good.






Sorry, I took a clapping break.  I needed to put some space there and get that deliciousness off the screen.  I had a solid workout after work tonight and don't need to destroy my hard work with eating a second dinner really only to get back to the salsa bar.  I love great salsa and this bar displayed all that they have to offer, nicely done my friends, nicely done.  Lets get to what you all want...

RATINGS:
BARBACOA: 3, clove delight.  They have beef and goat.  I ordered the goat and was not disappointed.  It was good, not over the top, but good.  Check it out if you are around, email me and tell me what you think.
CECINA: 2, yeah, this can only be described in one sound, ehh.  Wasn't solid, but it wasn't horrible.
COCHINITA: 1, ewww!  They screwed it up as much as they could.  There was tons of bones in my taco, the meat was tough and did not have much flavor.
ASADA: 3, good stuff.  Needed a touch of salt, but was good and tender.
PASTOR: 3:  balanced, good, close to a 4, but still gets blown out by some of the great places that the Order frequents.
SALSA BAR: 5, don't act surprised, you knew that was coming!
VERDE: 4, spicy, good, balanced
ROJO: 3, solid, but not unreal
JALAPENO: 3, yeah, sorry, mine is so much better
SMOKED SALSA: 3, nice, but pretty normal
JALAPENOS: 5, why doesn't every restaurant have these?

So, yes, I like the place overall.  The salsa bar got a 5 because it really had great variety and really had something for everyone.  It was clean, well kept and they didn't leave it to have a bunch of empty bowls to make you think that they were busy when they weren't.  Place is clean and nice.  You order from the counter, they bring the food.  I was kind of surprised that the place wasn't busier, but then again it was really cold and getting late.  Sun had been down for a bit and ice was forming out there.
See, looks pretty good.  They did pretty good on plate presentation.  I do not like it when there is not enough or too much cilantro and onions.  They did a great job of having the right amount.  I'm hanging in Georgia for one more day working, then heading to the next stop for a few days.  Yes, I'm staying on the East Coast.  Don't know if I'm going out Tacoteering tomorrow, but I'm thinking about it, stay tuned.

Thank you everyone for reading.  Thank you everyone who re-tweets and re-posts.  I really appreciate it.  Trying to really get the Order of the Taco out there, all the support is appreciated.  Don't hesitate to shoot me an email on thoughts of where you think I do well, where you think I'm falling short.  Just want to make this thing better and better.  Until next time, Stay Excellent All!

http://mrtacoatlanta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment