Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Daniel's Tacos, Sunland, CA

Have you been?  Place has been there forever.  This is a local favorite.  I've been to Daniel's many times.  More Tacographic memories then this trip.  My first time to Daniel's was a bit before I started the blog.  I called Chris Randall (original Tacoteer) and told him I'd wanted to check this place out.  Yes, it was love at first bit for us.  We loved the place.  They usually have a great little, well not so little, salsa bar set up.  Sadly on this last stop by, it was not there.  If you forgot what Chris looks like, here is his cute mug, he's really thinking about tacos in this photo:
Yeah, he's a really good looking dude and he really likes thinking about and then eating tacos.  He's also really good at eating tacos as the below evidence will show:
He can even smile when he eats.  Really talented individual.  That is the Buck Monstrosity next to him.  Another excellent Tacoteer.  But again, I digress, back to Daniel's.  Daniel's can have some long lines out the door.  People line up to eat here.  It is really good stuff.  I like just about everything that they serve.  I did not take the time to rate their salsas and like I said, my last trip they did not have the salsa bar set up.

RATINGS:
LENGUA: 4, yes, they know what they are doing, and it shows here.  Tender, delicious, nicely seasoned happiness.
ASADA: 4, hands down a 4.  Great, nicely seasoned.  Not too salty, but you can taste the salt.
PASTOR: 3, it was just ok on my last visit.  It is no Rincon Taurino when it comes to Pastor, sorry Daniel, go back to the spit and get it better, but still, not bad folks, not bad.
BUCHE: 3, not crisp enough.  It was a little sad.  It is not bad at all.  The flavor on it is pretty tasty.  A little crispier and this could rival greatest buche of all time.
So, it can be slow here.  It sometimes takes a bunch of time to get your food, which can be frustrating.  Here's the thing with Daniel's, they just do simple, great street tacos and they do them very well.  I really do recommend this place if you are looking for a good taco.  This place also has a veggie burrito which is not on the menu.  I have not had it, maybe I'll check it out during lent, but I hear that it is fantastic.

Happy New Year and welcome 2014!  The Order of the Taco is ready to eat it's way through the year one taco at a time.  Thanks for reading, re-posting and re-tweeting, Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment