Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Taco Man Catering, Wine Pick-up Party!

This little napkin dispenser says it all.  A guy with a mustache, smile and tacos.  Lets start from the beginning this time.  Paul, my brother, Melissa my wife and I are members of Labyrinth Winery.  They do a few wine pick up parties every year for their members and there might not be a place to have more fun in the universe.  They've done all types of food, but this time, they reached the summit of the mountain with a taco truck.  Melissa and I got a hotel room walking distance on the beach.
Not too shabby of a view from the balcony.  That was a morning photo that I took.  Really nice waking up in Ventura to the site of the islands, smell of the ocean and Jason not in my bed kicking and crying for milk at 4am.  Paul, Melissa and I went for a swim in the ocean, hung out and then headed to the wine party.  We got there way too early.  It was us hanging offering to help set-up the party with the workers.  We patiently waited and had a great time speaking to the owners and employees who we do already know.
Check out the red wine spread.  Yeah, that is just the reds, not including all of the great whites that they have.  There was some amazing wine poured at this event.  It was a true great time.  We scouted the area and found a great corner tucked behind the bar with some couches.  A few of Paul's friends were meeting us and joining the party.  There were snacks around, great people and of course tacos.
These guys were there early and grilling up some delightful treats for everyone that found themselves worthy of having tacos with their wine.  True story, tacos go great with everything.  They are a celebratory as well as mourning food.  They are great for any occasion.  I'm glad that My Taco Man knows this.  There was only three servings of tacos available for the even.  Vegetable, Pollo and Asada.  This was enough, because they crushed it.
So you walk up to the grill and this is the set-up.  Could it look better?  I really don't know if it could.  It was pretty awesome.  They had a table set-up with cilantro, onions, red and green salsa.  Pretty cool little set-up.  They would get you as many tacos as you asked, small tortillas that they filled right up.  It was perfect for the wine tasting.  They weren't too big and overwhelming, they weren't too small to where you couldn't taste the food.  Nicely done guys, nicely done.
So this is the group.  My brother Paul and wife Melissa you know.  Brooks is sitting next to Melissa, Jamie is next to Paul and Tony is next to her.  Pretty righteous group.  I know, you are asking yourself, what is with all the water glasses?  We drank a ton of water.  We did enjoy ourselves, but we did pace ourselves and wanted to make sure that we had fun and remembered every bit of it.
Here's a shot of the little spread.  I'm not doing a full rankings sheet with just three tacos.  Veggies was a 3, solid and good, Asada was a 4, yeah, it was that good, Pollo: 5.  It might have been the best pollo I've ever had.  It was so good and it just melted.  The salsas were solid, the peppers were so good, I'm salivating a week later just thinking about them.  This place is fantastic.  If you are in need of catering for a party, this is a group to consider if you want people to enjoy the food.
We went to dinner that night and I got fish tacos.  If you follow me on Instagram, you've seen this, if not, you're welcome.  They were also delicious.

What an amazing weekend.  Sorry it's taken so long to write this, I've had a ton of work to do!  There are many great notes on this trip.  Spending the time with my wife and brother, eating tacos, drinking wine, swimming in the ocean at night (one of my favorite things to do).  I got to know the winemaker.  I've met him, I've spoken to him, but really got to know him and his amazing wife, also a winemaker.  I say it like she's not one of the best in the game.  Lane Tanner is his wife and she is second to none.  A gracious woman who was so wonderful to us.  We enjoyed chatting with her and getting to know her.  Ariki Hill is the winemaker I was speaking of and today's goodbye/gratuitous photo is of him pouring.  A huge thank you to Labyrinth Wines for such an amazing day.  Their wines are fantastic.  You should be buying their wines as much as possible.
Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment