Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Rocco's Tacos And Tequila Bar, West Palm Beach, FL

A few wrong turns on a night when we were all exhausted brought us to Rocco's for dinner.  This beautiful photo is of one of first sights you will see when you walk in.  On of the best parts about Rocco's, dim lighting, worst part, damn it was loud.  I know they are attracting that young, crazy, party crowd but man it was loud in there.
Pretty dark and cool inside.  I really dig the ambiance.  They hit their crowd in a great way.  Our server wasn't good, he was 10 steps beyond amazing.  I watched the service around us and have to say that the service was pretty amazing.  The basketball playoffs were on and all the employees were watching but it didn't distract them from their job.  I'll tell you, I love it!  I wish they could have actually watched more.
Up towards the ceiling of the bar, this is what you see.  Like I said, ambiance here is killer great.  They make it fun, cool, hip but not stupid and cheesy.
So this chalkboard was the second hottest thing in the building after Josh (pic to come later).  Pretty sweet deal and the team members there sold it.  They really told us how awesome the taco deal was.  It was totally worth it and if I ever wander back to this joint again, I'm going to have the same thing, yes I'll wait to go back on a Tuesday, if I ever go back.
As promised a picture of Josh in all of his hotness.  Look at his command of that plate.  Look at the power he wields while he holds tacos.  It is beyond impressive.
RATINGS:
MOLIDA (GROUND BEEF): 3,
a far cry from Taco Bell ground beef.  It is well seasoned and tasty.
COCHINTAS ACHIOTE: 3, this is some decent stuff.  Worth a try if you are doing the Taco Tuesday deal.
CAMARONES: 3, these weren't too bad.  If I had to rate all the threes, this was the tallest of the short stack.  Good seasoning, not over cooked and not rubbery.
ASADA: 3, This was some decent stuff.  Wasn't excited, but I sure didn't lose sleep over it.
POLLO: 3, this is pretty standard chicken inside of a tortilla.  It did not excite me.
CHORIZO: 2, I don't know what happened here, but it is probably a one and I'm probably being too nice.  This was not good stuff.
PESCADO: 2, dude, you're in Florida, get better fish and prepare it better.
HONGOS: 3, mushroom tacos.  Thought they'd be a little better, but I admire the creativity.  They needed a little more flavor.
CHIPS: 4, these were some of the best chips that I've eaten.  Don't know if they make them in house, but they sure taste like they are made in house!  They were fantastic.
SALSA: 1, yeah, I am going to let your mind wander with this sad excuse for a score.  EWW!
GUACAMOLE: 5, this table side treat brought tears to my eyes.  I was skeptical that it was worth the price, but it was worth more.  I think that angels started singing when I took my first bite.
They look more impressive then they really were.  I can't say enough, A+ on the creativity and appealing to the market.  The service in this place was second to none.  They were all nice guys and gals, they all worked their tails off as one unit.  The place is well managed and a great fit for where it is, however, for the true, faithful Tacoteers out there, I would say that this might not be the stop that you are looking to make.  I want to reiterate, the food is not bad, just not the kind of tacos that we are after in our adventures.  This fits the area and it fits the place.  I am still sad there is no corn tortillas here!
Look at these guys making the guacamole.  Let me say, this is the best guacamole I've had.  I am a guacamole fiend and it is worth going in there just for the guacamole.  It was flavorful, spicy, rich with citrus and sodium.  They really have mastered the art of guacamole and it is worth every penny that was paid for it.  Ya know, if I were to go back in time with Doc Brown, I might get just the guacamole and forgo everything else.
Yeah, looks tasty on that chip doesn't it?  They make it right in front of you, so if you want to turn the heat up, they do it with these delicious jalapeno's that they let me have on the side so that I could turn the heat up on all that I was eating on the table.
Man a plate of jalapeno's like that really turn me on.  They look as delicious as they tasted.  Just to waste a moment of your time, here is their menu, well, their tacos:
A great big thanks to the new Tacoteers that went on this trip and are unnamed until the next adventure I need to catch up on.  Sorry, been crazy busy and traveling a ton.  I'm actually writing this in Riyadh and already went on an adventure out here with Josh and JJ today.  Please keep reading and please keep eating tacos!

Today's goodbye/gratuitous photo is me with my beard purple.  I told the trainees that if 90% of them passed their test on the first try I would dye my beard purple.  I never thought it would happen, but kept my word.  Thank goodness it was back to black and white by the time I got to Riyadh!
Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment