Sunday, May 4, 2014

Calle 75 Street Tacos, Meridian, ID

Quick bite of food.  This place, I'm told use to be a truck.  They have a sort of restaurant now in the Meridian Village.  "Sort of" is not a knock on their food or operation.  It is a really cool, open spaced shared area.  It does a great job of bringing the beauty of the outside, fountains, scenery and beauty of the town-center into their space.  All windows, no walls, open big doors the length of the building.  Really a special set up that I think is second to none.
So here is the set up.  Pretty cool right?  You see everything and all that they are doing.  It is wide open in front of you and damn cool.  This place fits the town-center so well.  I think the food, ambiance really fit this place.  The fountain is huge and awesome.  It plays music that goes with how the water is dancing or whatever you call it.
Seating area is great.  Yes, that is a fireplace and couches for the casual taco conversation.  They don't have a ton of options.  They do have a special right now, yes, you guessed it, PASTOR!
RATINGS:
ASADA: 3, textbook?  Really by the book, good, not amazing asada.  Eat it, enjoy it, but it is nothing special.
CARNITAS: 3, again pretty textbook.  Savory, sweet, good.  Didn't blow me away, but I would order it again.  Great with their green salsa.
PASTOR: 2, way too much pineapple.  Pineapple was also not ripe enough.  The pineapple is also served cold, not grilled, it needs to be grilled to pull the sugars and juices out of the pineapple.  It really would make a great difference.
CHAN CHAN BURRITO: 4, really good.  This stuff was good.  The lovely girls working there talked me into trying it.  Spinach, garlic aioli.  Liked it for sure.
SALSA: 4, they have a red and a green.  Both are pretty great and enhance the flavors of the tacos without overwhelming them.
It looks great and that is part of it for this place.  They are generous but not over the top.  I have to say that I enjoyed it and will be eating there as it is less then a block from the new restaurant that I'm a part of opening.  I actually have eaten twice.  I started writing the blog and went back for another round.  That is when I had the Chan Chan Style burrito.  Sam and Emily were working and they were so excellent and helpful.  I do recommend this place, without a doubt.  I feel like you need to see a picture of the fountain.  There are multiple fountains, but this is the main one.
Thank you so much for the reads, hope everyone is enjoying the adventures of different cities, trying to hit as many as I can.  Trying to keep the stories interesting for all of you.  I really appreciate the reads, re-posts and re-tweets.  If you are not following on Instagram yet, please do!

Gratuitous photo today is of Rosie.  Rosie is the owner of Calle 75.  She is a wonderful chick that I'm very glad I got to meet.
Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment