Monday, May 12, 2014

Senor Fresh, Meridian, ID

Why?  I really don't know.  Not many options.  I do think I've hit about every single taco place in the area.  Still one on my radar that looks promising.  That is for another day.  Today, I walked over from the hotel.  You see on the window where it says that it closes at 8?  They mean they walk out the door at 8.  Pretty interesting.  Back to the non-friendly service in the Boise area.  At least the food matched the service today...don't be discouraged, its worth getting to the end of this blog.
You know these types of places, they try to sell you on the fresh and natural.  Some are good, some are worth it, not this one.  Seriously the people working here are some of the rudest people I've met.  They had the salsa bar packed up while people were still ordering.  It was pretty bad.  The cool thing about this place, is the two posters.  They have a poster with different Chile's.
I really like this one.  The hot meter and the listing of peppers is awesome.  They also have a tomato one.  I love it!
I did sit there are read both of these things.  Sadly that is by far the best part of my visit.  The salsa bar looked really cool.  I will say that the salsa were fantastic in flavor, claimed to be hot, but had no heat to them.  Nice and smoky and they did taste like they were made in house.
Lets get to it, there just isn't that much to say about this place.
RATINGS:
ASADA: 3, it wasn't bad.  The burrito itself was really small and did not pack the flavor, but the meat itself was decent.
SALSA: 4, yeah, not so hot.  If there was some heat, it could be a five.  Very nicely balanced flavors, smoky, yeah, good.
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP: 1, it was really bad.  Really, really bad.  Not enough flavor, not really any flavor.  It was cheesy and a mess.
See, doesn't even look good.  Didn't taste that good, could you tell.  This meal just accentuated my desire to be back in Los Angeles, CA.  I'm in need for the delicious tacos of LA.  I miss the family too and of course Dolly, but I am still pretty hungry.

This blog gets a great gratuitous photo.  It was taken at the Meridian Village fountain.  We went over there to take a few photos really just to entertain ourselves. Thank you for reading, please keep following, send me suggestions and eat more tacos!  Enjoy the photo of Fo, Josh and me.
Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment