Friday, July 18, 2014

Las Brisas, Hawthorne, CA

Supermarket tacos are usually pretty damn delicious, and this joint is no exception.  Work has been nuts, life crazy.  I needed a quick fix, a get away.  I had to reach out for a life line.  Alan Rush and his beard.  Alan is an amazing guy that I use to work with and I can't say enough how much I miss him.  He is a very bright man, great friend and one of the hardest workers that I know.  He had an opportunity come up and had to put his burger and fry cape in his closet and go help a different business.  I text Alan and he jumped to do some Tacoteering.  I think seeing his beard was for sure one of the things I've missed most.
Many delicious options, but truthfully, this was not our first stop.  We went to another joint, but it was closed for the day.  They had a flood and were in the midst of cleaning it up.  I felt for them, I've been there, it sucks.  Alan and I jumped in the Impala and headed to the first place that looked right, it happened to be here.
What a great set up these folks have.  The people working there are super nice too.  Sweet hard working ladies.  People there were nice.  They got swamped while we were there.  I mean a constant line of people for lunch as well as buying groceries.
RATINGS:
ASADA: 3, this is some good tender stuff with nice flavoring, but nothing special.  It is pretty standard, textbook type of stuff.
TRIPA:  don't know, I ordered it, but it never came, kind of made me weep on the inside.
CARNITAS: 3, again, good but pretty average.  It was sweet, shredded into bigger pieces, but not bad.  I would say go for a try if you are there.
PASTOR: 4, it gets a four because it is spicy and I really needed some spice in my life.  It was hot without being overwhelming and it was pretty delicious.
CABEZA: 4, yes, I have hit a couple of places with great cabeza lately.  This was really sweet and tender, good flavor but that nice buttery texture that you should get with cabeza.  Well done ladies, well done.
Yeah, nice looking spread.  The salsa was okay, but nothing worth really rating.  The limes were juicy which is a plus!  I do wish that they served with some kind of a pepper, of course preferably a Serrano or something like that, but this food did pretty well on its own.  Nice job with fresh ingredients and cook 100% to order.  Food took a little longer, but totally worth the wait.

I would say go to this place, but there are a number of places that look great all around.  I am going to get back to JC's and give them a whirl.  Just a warning, this is right by the Hawthorne Police Department.  I do want to again thank everyone for reading.  Please continue to spread the word.  Tell people about the tacos and the blog and what we are doing here to make your meals better!

I've said it before, I'll say it again.  It doesn't really matter where you are eating, but who you are eating with.  I was damn lucky again on that day.  Alan is an amazing dude.  A great friend.  A man that I wish I got to spend more than a year working with.  I am glad that he is happy and enjoying his new job, but sad to not get to see him on a daily basis.  I'll have to use that as a reason to eat more tacos with him!  Yes, he is the goodbye/gratuitous photo of the day.
Stay Excellent!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment