Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Rambo's Taco Truck, Eagle Rock, CA

FINALLY!  This has been a long time coming to the blog.  Rambo's Taco Truck.  This place is every bit of badass excellence you think that it is.  This truck parks at nighttime only in beautiful Eagle Rock, CA.  Let me show you how legit this place is:
Yeah, Rambo has etched his name into the sidewalk, just to make sure that the literate pedestrians know whats up.  Impressed yet, you should be.  This adventure was with fellow Order of the Taco member and one of my closest friends, Brandon Begley.  Brandon and I have not had an opportunity to hang out much in a while with my work schedule, but we carved out some Tacoteering time and this little gem was the destination.  Let my just say, not a bad drive from the SFV!  We got there and back very quickly.  We were able to catch up, I got to hear more and more about his wedding plans, which is just around the corner!
Yeah, you read that right, "B" is for the best, even the health department caught on to how delicious this place is.  There is a lot of power stacked into this truck.  They are not playing around.  I love the Visa and Mastercard stickers.  They don't really like to accept them, they will ask you for cash, which is cool, I totally get it.  I mean come on, you are dealing with a truck on the side of the road, have cash when you come by.
How can you not want to come here for this kind of beautiful ambiance you can only get and enjoy in Eagle Rock.  The rolling hills, the different cars, the trees.  It is a haven for folks who like and demand delicious tacos.  Rambo's along with two other places in Eagle Rock have been on the list for quite sometime now.  Rambo's got special treatment because my cousin, Corinne was one of the people who recommended it.  Leo's and Sonia's are going to get hit by me sooner or later.  They will not stay on the list for Eagle Rock as long as this place did.  I waited way too long to try this deliciousness.
Look, anywhere that says "fried with pork lard" is fantastic.  That shows that they care enough about you to give you a delicious, natural product.  It is the kind of thing that you say thank you for.  You want to appreciate the finer things in life, just so you know, this is one of those finer things.  Pork lard will provide your palate with flavors beyond your wildest dreams.
Back to the ambiance.  So this is in eye shot.  Fiesta sa Barrio, Filipino Restaurant?  Yeah, the name is kind of confusing and intriguing.  Raises a ton of questions.  What do they really serve?  What is the draw?  I'm not sure what the draw is, but it has me sold.  After I get to the other two taco places, I'm going.
Back again to the food.  This place smells so ridiculous good when you get there.  We got there just before they opened and man was the smell a huge tease.  I was spinning in circles, jumping up and down, just so excited to have this place open up.  Brandon and my excitement was shared with a lot of people.  There was a line of people there before the truck opened and it stayed so steady while we were there.  Let me tell you why:
RATINGS:
TRIPAS: 2,
 I think for most people, this would be a 3 or more.  I just thought it was cooked too much.  It is fried, in that delicious pork lard, but I think it should be crispy, just not this dark.
LENGUA: 4, tender as could be.  It will melt in your mouth like an M&M on a hot summer day.  Flavor was good, worth it!
PASTOR: 4, this is unique and good.  It rivals some of the greats, but is not there.  I could not place the flavor.  It is a spice and seasoning that I know, but could not place it.  I recommend that pastor enthusiasts go and try this and let me know what you think.
CARNITAS: 3, solid, sweet, tender.  It didn't make me get overly excited because nothing set it apart, but it was good and I would not mind eating it again.
ASADA: 5, yeah, they own it.  It was really good.  Really nice because it was not overcooked, it was well flavored well and it was paired nicely with the sauce.
CABEZA: 5, this very well could have been my favorite thing there, which is rare.  I like cabeza, but it is not something I'm normally looking for.  This was so tender.  It was so juicy.  It had great flavor.  Salt without being salty, pepper without being too hot, cumin without being too smoky.  Yeah, I really love this, it was just sweet, spicy, tasty goodness.  Best cabeza I've had, go try it.
Hecho en Mexico.  I did not order anything to drink, until I realized that the Fanta was the Fanta from Mexico, yeah, it is that better.  The food was a bit spicy, if you don't want your food that spicy, ask for the sauce on the side.  These guys do it right.  They are nice, they are awesome.  I do think that you should check it out without a doubt.

It has been a while since I wrote a blog.  Longest gap I think since I started this July 5 of last year.  It has been a great year and I'm looking at continuing to grow this blog, the merchandising and the great experiences.  Thank you so much for the support for the last year.  Thank you so much for reading.  Please keep telling people, keep re-tweeting, re-posting and reading!

Today's goodbye gratuitous photo is of a beautiful man.  Brandon.  Brandon is not just sporting a shirt of the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, but he is checking in on Yelp.  I am going to start checking in on Yelp.  When you go, I have attached the link to Yelp to make it easier for you: http://www.yelp.com/biz/rambos-tacos-los-angeles
Stay Excellent!

1 comment: