Sunday, August 17, 2014

El Rinconcito Del Sabor, Sterling, VA

If you are in the mid-Atlantic and looking for a place that is playing loud Spanish love songs, I have found the place.  Wow, this place was interesting.  With cafeteria style seating.
Yeah, here is your spot.  They feature Newman's Own salad dressing?  No, they do, it just didn't really fit.  It was strange.  I will say that the glares, eye rolling and extreme hatred for folks who are not Hispanic was obvious.  The food, was not bad.  My company was great.  I got to go with Matt and Jeffrey.  Jeffrey and I worked all day, Matt was enjoying a day off and we decided to do some Tacoteering.
Blurry, right?  Yeah, I do apologize, I was trying to get a quick action shot, and I did.  Nailed it!  We each ordered the same thing, they got Coke's I stuck with nothing to drink.  I was not intrigued by the beverage selection and was so uncomfortable ordering with the weird look on her face when she found out that I could order in Spanish.  Even the bathroom mirror was strange.  It was so low.
How's that for a selfie?  It made me feel like a giant.  Our ride there was great.  Matt was making jokes that I'm too tall and that he would have to open the sunroof of his car for me to fit.  I got a great picture of his profile while driving.
We had a great time just the three of us catching up for a few minutes.  Matt's beard looks great in this photo.  I miss it already.  I was so excited to see one of the New Jersey Rubber Ducky's on Matt's dashboard.
They became a special part of our New Jersey opening team.  I still have a number of them and have one from my trip this last week to bring home.  They became our little friend's.  The hotel had a ton of them and they would just show up in our rooms.  When they didn't, we would go and get them.
The menu really wasn't bad.  Pretty neat stuff, not overdoing it, but decent options.  I was happy to see some nice stuff on there.  Everyone eating in there seemed pretty happy.  I can tell you, the food was not too shabby, the people, well, that was a different story.  The people working there were rough.  The people eating there were great.  The kitchen there was small and efficient.  I was happy to see them utilizing the space well and not trying to be too big, because that would cause them to lose identity.
You see the whole kitchen right there.  Pretty darn neat if you ask me.  Food came out quickly.  Lets get to it.
RANKINGS:
POLLO: 3, this was pretty basic.  Not bad, but nothing to write home about.  It was good, not amazing.  Seasoning was good and I was happy, many places overcook chicken, it makes it tough and that bothers me.
ASADA: 3, again, pretty textbook.  Nothing that made me excited, but nothing that was bed.  It was slightly on the tough side, but the seasoning was solid.
LENGUA: 3, this was probably the best that we ate there.  It was good, really interesting seasoning, but nothing that got me excited enough for a 4.  Paprika was prevalent on this bad boy.  I did like it and next time, if there happens to be one will order three lengua tacos.
PUPUSA: 3, again, nothing amazing, but good.  This almost tasted not handmade, but it was.  It was perfectly round, which I've never seen.  They were a good size.  Nice and big, cheese was good, I did like it.
Not a bad looking spread.  The tacos were pretty big, which they should be for $2.59 a piece!  Yeah, that is even on the "combo" plate that I ordered.

This place echos what I always say, it is not what or where you are eating, but who you are eating with.  I'm really fortunate that it was with two awesome, great guys that I get to work with.  I'm really glad that I got one hour to spend with these two guys.  I really enjoy getting to build the relationships that I do.  They are excellent operators and are helping us grow the business, if we get to eat some tacos along the way, we are even more lucky, so today, we were even more lucky!  Huge thanks to Jeffrey and Matt for joining me tonight here in VA.

Thank you to everyone for reading and telling your friends.  This has been a really great month so far for the blog and last month, our one year anniversary was pretty righteous in itself, so thank you!

Today's gratuitous, goodbye photo is of hot sauce.  They were so mean and saying so many mean things, it may have made it to the car to be enjoyed later on something.  Just so you know, as I'm sure you do, I love hot sauce, and this is one of the ones I really do love and enjoy.
Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment