Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Los Tres Hermanos, Van Nuys (South of Saticoy)

Each story sure is different.  Alexander, Eleni and I went out the other day.  The Juggernaut was sick and I wanted to get the other two out of the house.  What else would I do with them?  Yes, we went Tacoteering.  We were driving down Van Nuys Blvd.  I don't really know why, but we were.  We pulled into a parking lot with some taco place.  As I was helping Alexander out of the van, I asked him if he was excited to eat at the place, he told me it looked fine.  We all know that means that he's not psyched.  I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere different.  We looked across the street and saw this place, Los Tres Hermanos.  He, as I'm sure you can tell he chose to go across the street.  We got back in the van and went across the street.
Place is interesting.  You order at the counter, they give you a number, they bring you your food.  Ladies working there were a bit rude, but whatever.  Inside of the restaurant is nice.  Really nice decor, not too over the top.  So the place is alright.  Nothing too amazing.  The best part of the day was the company that I had.  Two young Tacoteers that are ready to build on a great Tacoteering career.
Alexander and Eleni were on it.  Yes, all that food was for them, and they finished every morsel of it.  Look at the sheer excitement that they have about Tacoteering.  I too was excited.

RATINGS:
BEAN DIP: 3, what you expect.  Not too runny, not really thick.  It was solid.
JALAPENO SALSA: 1, this is my favorite if you don't know. It was separated and runny.  Here is what happened, they didn't cool the oil and jalapenos enough, so when milk was added, it caused it to separate.
SALSA VERDE: 3, decent, didn't blow me away, but I'd eat it if it was there.
SALSA ROJO: 1, disgusting.
SERRANOS:  5, they had serranos on the salsa bar and they were perfect.  Fried, but not overdone.  Spicy, texture was right on and they were delicious.  I was impressed.
BUCHE: 2, not crispy, not cooked enough.  It was chewy and lacked that great flavor that you can get from delicious buche.  Bummed...
POLLO:  2, no flavor, not cooked very well.  It was not raw, not really burnt, but not right, yes, I will pass on future endeavors.
ASADA: 3, not too bad.  I mean it didn't get me excited, but I liked it.  Keep up the solid asada work.
MACHACA: 3, again, nicely done.  I like what they were doing, it is what you'd expect, but won't blow your mind.
ADOBADA: 4, yes, the pastor was on point!  Nicely done.  It was good.  Rich flavors, you could taste some clove, cumin, chili powder.  Nicely marinated and cooked enough without being over done so it was still tender.
CHICKEN FINGER: 4, fried well, good breading and they came out hot with some good french fries.  Perfect for a Tacoteer that has a daughter that will only take a couple of bites of some of the more adventurous tacos.
Yes, you read that correctly, I rated the chicken fingers.  Eleni ate a couple of bites of tacos, but really stuck to the chicken fingers.  Alexander and I also tried the chicken fingers.  Eleni fed me for much of the meal, very excited to pick up the tacos for me.  It was nice being waited on like that.  I don't often have pretty girls that want to give me attention.  Alexander tried everything.  He had at least a half taco of each kind of taco that we tried.  We are working on him getting a solid palate for the rating system.  I know that he is quickly on his way.  This is a picture of our spread:
We find ourselves here at the end of the year.  Will there be another post before the night ends?  I don't know.  I have two more to write, one is from today.  Did some great Tacoteering earlier with Papou and Alexander in the Culver City area.  Here's the thing, thank you.  Thank you to everyone who has read this or any blog.  Thank you for re-tweeting, re-posting, emailing, telling friends.  It is great to see where The Order of the Taco has gotten.  We are working on merchandising and trying to really get the word out about what we are doing.

Thank you again to everyone, please continue to re-tweet, re-post and tell your friends to read all about us.  Happy New Year, Stay Excellent Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment