Monday, July 22, 2013

Mi Tierra, North Hollywood

So I'm trying to chase down this truck that hangs in the North Hollywood area.  I need to eat!!  You know how these things go, I'm starving, even more moody then normal, I mean, it is not a good situation.  Lets make things worse, There is a victim, my dad is stuck in the car with me.

I did, I cracked, I had to go to Yelp.  They were about as helpful as Yelp can be.  I mean, I still don't fully understand all of this stars and more reviews should give more accuracy.  It really reminded me why I started this thing.  I don't want someone with no pallet to begin to sway my decision of dinner, lunch, breakfast or any meal in between or before or after those.  Food is important.  We need it to live, we need it to have fun.  This blog hopefully is going to evolve to guiding people towards what works in a tortilla.  I pray none of you find yourself in such dire need of a taco and having only Yelp to turn to.  Please, I plea of you to tell your friends of this so that we might avoid anyone that we love finding themselves in this situation.

Onto Mi Tierra.  Place is pretty well known in the area.  Been there for a bit.  Known for making their own tortillas and having an "amazing" breakfast.  You can find this delight in North Hollywood on Victory by Lankershim.

Scoring stays the same that it always does:
Tortillas (handmade in house): 4, loved it.  Very soft, not too thick, but could be a bit thinner, they don't make a very good chip
TACOS: 2, get the tomatoes off!  You are hiding flavor and adding filler!!!
Carnitas: 1, this might be one of the worst things I've ever eaten
Asada:  3, not bad, but worth eating
Lengua: 3, it is good, but not amazing.  It was buttery, soft, not overcooked
Pastor: 4, might have been the highlight of the meal.  I expected the tortillas to be tasty, but the pastor was surprising.  Well seasoned, well cooked, but not overdone.  I would have to say, go out of your way to get one of these little taco treats.
Salsa:  4, they serve two of them, both are fantastic.  Nice spice, real vegetables and they don't over season.

Tacos are a good size, but are also $2.25.  I know, not much, but come on, tacos are so accessible to us partly due to their pricing.  This is on the high end.  Can't say enough bad things about the horrible display of what they were calling carnitas.  Dry, flavorless, yeah, I'm going to drop it before this whole thing goes South.  Tortillas are nice, Pastor excellent, but order with no tomatoes.  I promise that you will enjoy this taco more.  They will be giving you some nice lime to squeeze in and salt is available on the table, you might need some.  I like, personal preference of course, they serve lime in their water.  English is really limited in this place, if this bothers you, this might not be the right blog for you.

Again, thanks for reading everyone, please tell your friends.  Please follow this thing, I want to get this out there.  As always, I'm open for suggestions on places.  Stay Excellent Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment