Friday, July 19, 2013

Sabores de Oaxaca

Sabores de Oaxaca is on Venice in Culver City.  This little gem is right off of I-10.  Place is neat.  I mean you walk into a restaurant after walking the ramp and then there is just one table in the actual building.  There is an adjacent sort of awning covered, patio which is really cool.  The set up of this place is pretty rad and would be fun if you are by yourself, or if you have the whole crew from the Order.  The ladies that were working when I went in, were super sweet.  They were nice, of course I knew the food was going to be good, when they spoke no English.

Biggest issue with this place was the options, or lack there of.  They have some pretty popular burritos and do some different dishes, but I'm talking taco meat.  They just don't do many things.  What they do, they do pretty well.  Here's the rankings:
Pollo: 3, nothing too amazing, but they did a good job.  Boiled then grilled.  Keep that going.  Maybe a bit more seasoning and we'd be up to a 4
Asada: 3, not too dissimilar to the Pollo.  Good, not great.  I won't give it a 2, because I really like the texture and the cut size is good.
Carnitas: 3, solid job here.  It didn't blow me away, but was damn good.  I like what they are selling.
Pastor: 2, not very good, sorry.  Great, you took pork and added some aciote and pineapple.  I mean come on, put some effort into this.
Salsa: It's Tapatio

Alright, here's the deal.  I like the place.  I'm not "blown away," but I dig it.  Ambiance is pretty great.  People working there, pretty rad.  Food was good, not great.  It is one of those places you just go when you want a quick good meal.  Not having too many options can be frustrating, but it also can be a great thing.

I know this one is not as fun as the rest, but at least you know about another place.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment