Tuesday, July 30, 2013

USA Taco, truck



Had a pretty good day at work.  Day got better as I see my cousin driving down the 101.  I pull up next to her on the bike, say hi and keep going.  I'm thinking how the little things make your day go so much better.  When I get off the freeway, I'm heading home like normal.  I was kind of in a rush because I knew Melissa was heading to Cross-fit and the kids were all mine.  I'm driving down Parthenia and made a right on Reseda to get to the house.  Suddenly, there is a screeching sounds and the smell of rubber on the street.  I've spotted a truck I'd never seen before, Taco Destiny has again led me to a truck.

Place was cool.  Parked across from Tire Pros, this mother and son were working and making some great food.  Kid was no older the 7 and was taking orders, he was pretty cool.  Mom was doing all the heavy lifting and was cooking.  She had some pretty solid kitchen skills.  Menu was extensive as far as meats go.  I'm sure they had a bunch of stuff, I was fulfilling my Tacoteering duties, so I really did not pay attention.

Pastor: 2, there was so much seasoning on this thing.  Holy heck!  Not worth saying anymore, don't eat it here, you will be sad and leave crying.
Cabeza: 2, chewy and was a far cry from the goodness of the other night.  They really need to not serve things they don't know how to make.
Lengua: 3, solid.  Nothing really to write home about, but not too shabby.  They cut it into bigger chunks then most places, which I was nervous about.  I liked it though.  The flavor was good, cooked correctly, nice.
Asada: 4, shockingly excellent.  I was quite excited.  It is hard for me to rate Asada above a 3, these guys did it right.  Nicely seasoned, cooked properly.  My banana off to the chef here.
Salsa Rojo: 3, really liked it.  Very good stuff.  Spicy, not overdone, worth an eat.
Green Salsa:  4, I was so excited.  They actually make jalapeno salsa.  Wasn't great, but they got extra points for making one of my favorite salsas.  They water it down a bit, but it is not an easy salsa to make.

Nice touch at the end of the day, with avocado on each taco.  Nice thin slice on top of the cilantro and onions.  It went a long way with me.  I was quite excited about this.  I'd go back to this place and say to go check it out.  If you are after some great asada, a different salsa, see a good family, check the place out.  Thanks for reading, have a great night everyone, Stay Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment