Sunday, August 11, 2013

Los Cinco Puntos


Los Cinco Puntos.  With a sign like this, how could you not want to go inside?  This was such a great spot to start our crawl yesterday.  Los Cinco Puntos is known for their handmade tortillas and excellent meat.  The folks working here are always nice and I can't say enough good things about this place.  For sure this is one of the best places that I've ever been to.  A big thanks and shout out to my BFF Nikki for finding an article about this place a couple of years ago and sending it to me.  I've been here a few times and I think it just gets better each time.




We ordered a variety of things and just kept eating each others food.  The chicharones are a crispy delight that can't be missed.  The Beef Carnitas was unreal.  They have food all over the place and it is just such a treat to watch them chop and prep meat.  The lengua is solid and cut into large juicy chunks.  Cactus is served on everything unless you ask for none.  I will say that it is great on their food. Their guacamole is the one thing that I have to say was sub par.  It just doesn't match up with the rest of their great food.

There really is no place to sit and eat which is perfect.  They have a sort of ledge on the outside of the building and that suited us just fine.  We got some local entertainment from the dog that had just given birth as she was begging for food. I have a hard time not loving this place.


Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment